Thursday, September 4, 2008

OMG!

So the kids were talking about Halloween costumes in the car today.

Kellan: I want to be a Clone Trooper. Mom, now I guess you will just have to buy me a gun, because it is part of the costume you know.

Raya: I want to be Princess Lea when she gets caught by Jabba the Hut.
(holy shit I'm thinking, what the hell is my daughter thinking!)

Kellan: Oh no way Raya, you cannot wear that costume, no no no!! It is definitely NOT appropriate!
(Yea!!! Who knew that Kellan of all people would come to the rescue in a situation like this, what an amazing surprise!)

Raya: Why not?

Kellan: She wears a little piece of fabric with no sides! You would be in SO much trouble wearing something like THAT to school!

Raya: Well Sarah wants to dress up in whatever I wear...

Guns and slave outfits?!?!?!?! Oh my...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

OK - breathe...
You are looking at it from an adult perspective. In a simple way, you will have to teach her that that costume would not be modest and another Princess Lea costume would be more appropriate (or maybe a different princess?). And will Kellan's school let him take a gun? Ours won't. Maybe that will save you! You are an awesome mom - I am so impressed at the communication between you and your kids and the lessons that YOU learn. It takes a smart woman to look for the lesson she can learn in these trying situations!