Sunday, September 7, 2008

Guess that's just the way it is...

We were at the REI playarea today. A girl looked at Kellan and said, How old are you?"
Kellan answered, "I'm 7."
The girl looked at her friend, looked back at Kellan and said, "No really, how old are you, because I'm 7."
Kellan said, "Well I'm 7 too." Raya of course chimed in, "I'm 5. He's 7 and I'm 5."
The girl sized up Kellan and commented, "If you're 7, then you're pretty tiny."
Kellan replied, "Well, I guess that's just the way it is."

I'm so proud of him! I didn't say anything to him, he didn't tell me about so it is left at the play area. He dealt with that so well! He was able to shrug off her comment and honestly didn't care or give two thought about it. He is one super cool kid.

Short in stature, huge in coolness!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Good for you, Kellan!

Carrie said...

Hey, Lisa! I tagged you on my blog...go check it out!