Sunday, August 29, 2010
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Priceless- ok, if you are a parent it's priceless.
These two are the best of friends- I just love it!
And here are the big bros:
Kristin, Simon, Zach and Sarah- we really love you. I feel so fortunate to have such amazing people in our lives.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Raya got it! This is the very last run of the day. She is psyched! She can go down any green you throw her way and shouts out how good she is as she skis down the slope. Nothing a little confidence can't handle!
K-man, the skiing puffer fish on the last run as well. He skied his little heart out and cruises down so well. He wants to try polls and likes the trees. He rocks!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Robert and I had the pleasure of a night without kids! My mom and Bob took the kids for the night spur of the moment. We woke up early this morning to go for a run/walk around the lake at our house. It is always so beautiful to watch the sun rise on the Flatirons, Indian Peaks and Longs. Colorado is stunning and time spent with Robert is pretty great too.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Robert and I realized that he proposed on this very trail, on this very day eight years ago. Hard to believe. We reminisced and really enjoyed the day as a family. (Wow! I do think he still is quite attractive as he ages!)
So, as 2008 comes to a close and '09 starts up, we look at how much we are thankful for during a year of so many ups and downs, emotionally, physically and financially.
Some of our 2009 hopes and desires (ok, a resolution list- I just didn't want to use the word!)
- training, training, training. I want my climbing ability back! This means shedding a good 12 pounds and training for the Red Rocks trip in March with Helen. I can't wait.
- moving! Somehow, at some point we have to move. The driving is killing us. I do believe, honestly, that our vision will happen, though I'm not quite sure how. Wishful thinking perhaps, but we have to start somewhere. Is there a way to make it all happen with little or no work or effort involved? We'll see...
- Road trips! Sand Dunes is one and a road trip to Cali (two weeks I hope!) in July. Now that we have the parks pass we have to put it to good use!
- overcoming Kellan's challenges. Too long to discuss and too emotional to dive into, I just want it to work out for him this coming year.
- Less stress, more play and more fun, both with the family and individually. '08 was a year of so much stress and strain. '09 needs to be a year of relief and fortune!