Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Old Friends

So my three best friends from high school reunited one day last weekend as Carrie and her family were visiting L.A. I'm so sad I missed it, b/c of the darn knee! Andee and Carrie said it has been 16 years. I need to post the photos of Andee and I and Syd and I from last year, b/c Andee and her forgetful memory seems to forget that we are friends (or she could just be pretending) and still talk and keep in touch regularly!









Andee and Carrie posted a photo of the cruise we went on after we graduated. I won't post the photo, however I will do some reminiscing of fond memories instead!
The cruise- Andee and I decided to go snorkling as one of the added perks of the cruise and oh my, if I could post the photo of us! Andee and I still use that photo for jokes, it is priceless!
Also on the cruise, everyone was 18 years old, except for me- remember this ladies?!
They all went into Senor Frogs and I stood outside, that was fun, fun, fun!
Julie, remember when I first got my car and we went to the movies, but decided to drive around for a bit before? Remember driving on Plummer and running the yellow light with the dip in the intersection? They could have used us as the stunt doubles on Ferris Bueller's Day Off for sure!
Speaking of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, how many times did we watch that at your house Carrie? Once, twice, maybe our age- 33/34 (remember I'm not 34 yet! Hahaha!)? My sister is pregnant and likes the name Sloan for a girl, go figure?
Movies, Chili's, carpools (all fitting in the Toyota Supra,) the mall, lunches (brownies for lunch at Lawrence,) Eliel and the Cabbage Patch at the library, Taco Bell- hold the onions and cheese, Carrie and I picking through the burritos b/c there could not be even one sliver! Chili's, Chili's, Chili's- what is wrong with the San Fernando Valley and Chili's- my gosh! Oh yeah and of course Randy (I think I am pretty safe posting this 16 years later on my blog...)
Oh, remember being at my house on our day off and walking to Carl's Jr? Carrie you made me laugh so hard on that walk that I... and that is where this sentence ends!
And Andee- walking home from school and waiting to see what Jay was up to daily! Remember what we found in your mom's room, I bet that has been blocked from your memory on purpose! Oh, and how about the time you came over and talked to my mom while I was in my room and I didn't even know you were at my house!
I will part with these last words- Rob Base: It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right... and Joy and Pain...
I wish we could all hang out more! I am so glad we still keep in touch! Andee staying up late and watching cheesy shows, laughing and talking, going to work out and playing with Brady and Syd on my last visit is something I wish we could do weekly!
Carrie, I still have a scar on the back of my shoulder from Connor cutting me with the clippers, remember that? It was so fun to visit you in Utah on my road trips!

3 comments:

CA HEWITT FAMILY said...

HEHE I have not forgotten that we were friends you crazy girl, but it has been about 16 years since the four of us were all together in the same room. I am dying laughing at some of these things. I vividly remember the Ferris Bueller joy ride and the walk home with Carrie, but what the heck was in my Mom's room?

CA HEWITT FAMILY said...

Also.. I, of course, remember Eliel, but what did he do with the cabbage patch?... I totally forgot about Senior Frogs. We did not stay in their long did we? ...Don't forget chilling in the spa forever on your visit out last year as well. That was fun!

Carrie said...

That was a great trip down memory lane! I was laughing pretty hard! By the way, Connor feels bad about the clippers! (Actually he doesn't remember, he was only 2, but I feel bad!) Thanks for sharing your memories - I'm glad we're all in touch again!