Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A great day


After the hurricane winds died down, we went for a hike up at Chautauqua. What started with serious whining, ended in some serious fun and exploring.



Robert and I realized that he proposed on this very trail, on this very day eight years ago. Hard to believe. We reminisced and really enjoyed the day as a family. (Wow! I do think he still is quite attractive as he ages!)

So, as 2008 comes to a close and '09 starts up, we look at how much we are thankful for during a year of so many ups and downs, emotionally, physically and financially.

Some of our 2009 hopes and desires (ok, a resolution list- I just didn't want to use the word!)

- training, training, training. I want my climbing ability back! This means shedding a good 12 pounds and training for the Red Rocks trip in March with Helen. I can't wait.

- moving! Somehow, at some point we have to move. The driving is killing us. I do believe, honestly, that our vision will happen, though I'm not quite sure how. Wishful thinking perhaps, but we have to start somewhere. Is there a way to make it all happen with little or no work or effort involved? We'll see...

- Road trips! Sand Dunes is one and a road trip to Cali (two weeks I hope!) in July. Now that we have the parks pass we have to put it to good use!

- overcoming Kellan's challenges. Too long to discuss and too emotional to dive into, I just want it to work out for him this coming year.

- Less stress, more play and more fun, both with the family and individually. '08 was a year of so much stress and strain. '09 needs to be a year of relief and fortune!

1 comment: